Call for abstracts
Submission deadline is Sunday September 2, 2018, 23:59 CEST (Central European Summer Time).
No late submission will be accepted.
Abstracts should be submitted electronically after completing the Registration form. In case of problems with electronic abstract submission, please contact the Technical Support. Faxed or emailed abstracts will not be considered.
ABSTRACT PREPARATION GUIDELINES
The maximum abstract size is 3 000 characters (spaces included). The character limit does not include the title and the authors. All abstracts must be submitted in English using UK English spelling with accurate grammar and spelling suitable for publication. Linguistic accuracy is the responsibility of the author. If in doubt, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a native English speaker prior to submission. Abstracts must contain original material neither published nor presented elsewhere prior to the European Congress on eCardiology and eHealth 2018.
Standard Microsoft Office 12 pt fonts (Times New Roman, Arial, Calibri) should be used for abstract preparation.
Select one topic from the list of topics which best describes the content. Make sure you select the appropriate topic/best matching topic as this choice will determine which graders will review your abstract. Abstracts submitted under a topic that does not match the subject matter of the abstract may be given a lower score from reviewers.
- Digital health in Russia and worldwide
- Fitness and health. Fitness trackers and mobile devices
- Mathematical modeling in cardiology
- Mobile healthcare applications
- Innovations in telemonitoring for patients with heart failure
- E-imaging: next generation systems for cardiovascular system analyzing
- E-health and cyber security
- Electronic heart rate monitoring devices
- Bigdata, medical data processing using mathematical and artificial intelligence methods
- Implementing solutions for digital medicine in physicians' clinical practice
- Rehabilitation and remote monitoring of patients' health. Remote treatment of patients with heart failure
- Telemedicine technologies in emergency cardiology
- Telemedicine: safety, quality and payment
- Digital methods for cardiovascular prevention
- Blockchain technologies and cryptocurrencies usage in medicine
- Telemedical hospital at home and internet of things (IoS) in the service of a cardiologist
- Telemedicine in special working conditions. Drivers. Persons of dangerous and responsible professions
- Digital technologies in interventional cardiology (e-Intervention)
Abstracts body must contain:
Author and co-authors' list
Full first and family name(s)
Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
The title should be indicative of the abstract content and be written in lower-case and not in capital letters. Abstracts must contain a self-explanatory title. Do not include authors, institutions, city names, trademarks, special symbols, characters and uncommon abbreviations in the title.
Author and co-authors' list:
Abstracts must contain at least one author name with affiliations. If the list of authors contains more than one name, please indicate the corresponding author with an asterisk. A corresponding author’s e-mail address should be indicated after affiliations. The participants are strongly recommended to use the same e-mail address during registration and abstract submission (in the text of abstract). The title, authors’ names, e-mail address of the corresponding author and the main text should be separated from each other with a one line space.
The authors’ order and details (names, cities, country) will be published as entered by the submitter.
The submitter certifies that he/she has permission from all persons he/she enters as co-authors to be listed in this abstract and that they are aware that their names will appear in all publications.
If none of the authors are able to present the poster during the congress, the abstract should be withdrawn. If not, it will be considered as no-show and the Congress Programme Committee can then decide not to consider an abstract submitted by the same author the following year.
We recommend you structure your abstract using the following headings:
You can insert a table in your abstract, in order to do so, please make sure to save your table as an image (.jpg, .jpeg or .png) before inserting it in your abstract.
In addition to your text, you can add a picture.
Format: *.jpeg, *.jpg, *.png, *.gif files
Size: less than 1 MB
Measures no larger than 600 pixels(x) x 800 pixels(y).
Important: As the grading and selection process is blinded, the title and body text must not contain identifying features, ie information such as
- Names (authors or other)
- Names of institute (hospitals, medical schools, clinics…)
Also not authorised:
- Trademarks. Use generic drug names. The use of commercial drug names, brands and registered trademarks is strictly prohibited. Drugs should be referred to by the active substance or pharmacological designation
- Company names and location
- Web sites and email addresses
Failure to comply with the above requirements will/may lead to automatic rejection of the submission or this information may be deleted by the abstract services and some rephrasing may occur.
Do not cite keywords or references in the abstract, as they are not allowed and will be deleted.
Do not include copyright or trademark symbols.
Limit use of acronyms and abbreviations. Define at first use with acronym or abbreviation in parentheses.
We remind you that patient’s photo should be avoided and the patient must never be identifiable in your presentation.
How to submit abstracts?
To submit abstracts you should be registered via ONLINE registration system on the Congress website. If you have already registered on the website, please, go to the Personal Account, using your login and password provided during registration.
- In the Abstract Submission Form, please state your preference for an oral or poster presentation. The Congress Programme Committee has the deciding vote of changing type of presentation depending on the availability of slots in a particular session.
- Authors are requested to specify preferred section for presentation among the sections listed in the “Abstracts Submission”. The Congress Programme Committee has the deciding vote of the final decision.
- Fill in the “Abstracts Title”.
- Submit authors on the right panel. The presenting author must be listed as the first author.
- Upload abstracts text in Microsoft Word 97-2007 (DOC) format. File name should not contain dots. File size limit is 2 Mb.
- After proceeding steps 1-5, please, click “Submit” button.
After having submitted your abstract, you will receive an immediate automatic confirmation by email (please make sure to state your correct email address!) notifying you the abstract number. If you do not receive this confirmation, please check your SPAM or JUNK folder.
All abstracts will be blinded for review by members of the Congress Programme Committee. The review process will start immediately after the submission deadline - Sunday 2 September, 2018.
Submissions are peer-reviewed for scientific content, logical presentation, and current interest of the topic to the scientific community.
Results will be available from Monday 17 September, 2018.
All presentations including question-and-answers will be conducted in English. Presenters are expected to speak a good English.
If the abstract is accepted, instructions and guidelines concerning the abstract presentation will be provided to contact authors. They will receive email message concerning the abstract(s) and will be asked to connect to their account to see the decision of the Committee. They will have to confirm the participation of the presenting author and are also responsible for informing all co-authors of the status of the abstract.
The same presenter cannot be assigned to more than 3 abstracts - co-authors should then be assigned as presenters.
All travel expenses (airfare, hotel, visa support service, etc.) associated with the submission and presentation of an abstract, are under the responsibility of the presenter.